Friday, June 22, 2007

Britain's Got Talent



This is the British version of American Idol. At first, I thought this guy was another William Hung -- someone looks funny and acts in a hilarious way. Well, but this video proves that I was wrong.

This guy is just an ordinary British and nothing special -- he works in a mobile phone warehouse and obviously lacks confidence and passion in his eyes. No wonder the judges kind of looked down on him before he sang. But from the audience's reaction, I can see that his performance is a huge success. This makes me realise that some of the people around us have got talents although they may often be neglected in real life. It's naive to criticise/ judge people without knowing them well, although it's easier said than done, I know.

Well, I'm sure he'll be the topic for quite a while and he'll be famous and surrounded by opportunities. After all, fame and wealth won't stay with us long. All I hope here is that he can live strongly and happily even when the public starts to lose interest in him.

The video above shows only the first round. Go to the following links below to view excerpts of the semi-final and final.

Semi-final
Final

No comments: