I don't like going to wedding banquet.
I know it's a good way for the couple to share the joy with their friends and families. I know it's a good occassion for family reunion. I know it's a good way for the couple to earn a good fortune (gifts, cash coupons, gold bracelets from senior relatives etc.). I know also it may be the couple's precious memory to be the centre of attention for the first/ only time in their life.
But I don't like wedding dinner.
I hate watching my long-time-no-see cousin playing nasty games with her husband while I am having my favourite roast pork skin. I hate sitting next to drunk or over-reacted relatives and screaming babies. I also hate starting my dinner at 9:30pm and wait for every following course for 10 mins or so.
If I have the say, I'd choose not to have one for my wedding. I don't like to 'force' people (who are not willing to be there) to pay for and attend my wedding dinner. I don't want to prepare one for a few months without others' appreciation. I'd prefer something more special and meaningful.
Maybe it's time for us to look into the meaning of wedding banquet.
Sunday, May 07, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment